It got me in 2015. A darkness that started its relentless pursuit on a then precariously placed teenager. I intermittently dropped off your radars, and was dragged into its opaque looting lair, threatened by many a silent execution, in a chasm prison nobody knew I was in.
It could not succeed.
Out of the traverse of my deepest and darkest secret a steady rescue light became a bright consuming flame, that led me here. Girded. And stewarding a disruptively sweet vengeance.
Layered. Unassuming. Unrelenting.
You are hereby cordially invited to a coming-out party.
“Native Child in Playground” presented with the kind permission of Guido Prussia.
Follow the White Rabbit, Alice…
Thank you for following me to what seemed a blank canvas. That was brave. And true. And loyal of you. The grim story I told you was a difficult one to write. Because it’s my story. The one I hid away. About battling a paralysing illness that beat me to a pulp for three years, in its most recent bout. It first showed up when I was 14. You couldn’t have known. Because the darkness becomes cunningly latent around family and friends, covering itself with shame and responsibility just in case you reveal it. I couldn’t show my broken. I’m meant to be strong, right? Yet on the day I did…it broke!
Depression threatened my life, and every dream I held for it.
And it came to serve me…
Because when you’ve experienced a darkness below rock bottom, and you know the way out, you become fearless. When you hadn’t stopped storming the gates of a prison, throwing every life-giving truth about you at it, you come out a warrior queen who knows her strength. Because you can’t see through its opaque darkness, you develop an incandescent imagination meditation that you’re incited to transform into a blazing reality when you get out. And with an intimate knowledge of how it steals from you and the people you love in its looting lair…a true queen never leaves one of hers behind. It couldn’t keep my stuff! And it couldn’t kill my Light. A queen on her knees with her head bowed, can be crowned. And when she rises…this is what you shall find!
- A life as art adventure that recognises that you require no permission to be the highest and truest expression of you (who, in your heart of hearts, you really want to be) and to deliberately grow into that expression, knowing that you are worthy to own the life you were created for.
- A reliable source of curated content designed to support that adventure.
- A nurturing space for everyone who is the keeper of a dream that can change the world – that would be you.
- A birthplace for social movements that move the human race forward and overthrow social ills.
- An honouring of a purpose-filled creative gift and it’s light-seeking curiosities and expressions that were in forced hiatus for three years…with lots of gathered up Super Saiyan (for the anime fans) energy.
- A dynamic hub for innovation, inspiration, and impact.
- Above all, it’s a happy factory! Where you will always receive soul food to frolic in being bravely true to who you were limitlessly created to be and live a bigger life than you could ever have expected to manifest. I desperately want to see you release your true greatness (and defeat your darkness-limits-fears-failures-excuses-ceilings, whatever it may be) and how the embracing of beautiful you changes the world in ripples.
Content will be released on this platform weekly (initially) on Saturdays.
Thank you so much for being here, friend. I’m so excited to adventure with you! Here’s to making it count…